This started out as an experiment, one of those “see a technique, try it” self-contained experiments that have no purpose other than to have a go at something. Of course, me being me, I couldn’t leave a perfectly good bit of string art sitting unused for long.
I was in the mood for two things: using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers — hereafter known as ziggies for the sake of brevity — and doing a bit of heat embossing. After a couple of busy days creating the mouse at the lake card, I had thought that I would keep that day’s colouring for the Daily Marker challenge simple; that plan didn’t last long.
I don’t like to waste anything, so I needed to find a use for my patchy glitter kiss test piece. I had a search through my box of finished coloured pieces, looking for something that would go well with the shiny purple.
I finally had to stop procrastinating and actually get around to making a card for my other half’s mum’s birthday.
I was surprised how well these wax oil pastels worked. I thought I was pushing it — trying them on an image with quite small petals and leaves — and I didn’t expect to be able to get anywhere near the amount of blending I did. It’s another one of those things where you think you must try it again soon and then completely forget about it…
I love Power Poppy flowers. And apparently I love colouring them in pink; first the two Mother’s Day cards and now this. I zoomed in close on this one so I could add in plenty of detail on those small flowers. Geraniums come in lots of colour variations and, as the digi stamp is so realistic, I thought I should base the colour scheme on a real one too.