And that’s the last day of the colouring challenge completed. Thirty days and I coloured something on every one – my stack of printed digi stamps is much smaller now, though of course my stack of coloured images is substantially larger 🙂
Only two digistamps from the pile this time, though I do have
excuses reasons for the others. I’ve had the elephant for a while, just not printed out, and that one is destined for a new baby card. The bunnies are for the February challenge from Gerda Steiner (yay! not left until the end of the month for once). And the space girl… well… I just couldn’t resist it 🙂
I took a few days’ break from colouring digi stamps to finish the Autumn Scenes course from Sandy Allnock’s Art Classes; I started it last autumn but then got sidetracked after doing the first two scenes. I have a bunch of classes in my “I paid for this, I must do it” pile — mostly cardmaking technique classes, some Copic classes, and a drawing one (I love colouring stamps and digis, but it would be nice to have the confidence to create my own images) — and my aim is to actually finish a few of them this year.
Another five days and we’re halfway through the challenge. As well as minimising the stack of digis, I decided to use this as an opportunity to stretch myself a bit. I really enjoy colouring with my Copic markers and simple colouring can be a nice relaxing way to pass the time, but I do want to keep trying different techniques and subjects as well. So, along with colouring some cute critters, I also practised blending reds and took on a digi with so much hair it took me two days to finish.
My pile of pre-printed digi stamps is slowly shrinking. I did print one new one though, but that’s for this month’s challenge from Gerda Steiner — I’ll be posting the finished card tomorrow after I’ve taken some photos…
I nearly missed it. I haven’t been checking Instagram recently — the algorithmic ordering causes me ridiculous stress (3 hours, 6 days, 3 days, 6 days, 20 minutes, 2 days etc etc, just show me the most recent ones first!) — and I’d somehow missed Kathy Racoosin’s advance announcement on her blog. Luckily I spotted someone blogging their day one colouring in time to do some of my own.
I was in the mood for two things: using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers — hereafter known as ziggies for the sake of brevity — and doing a bit of heat embossing. After a couple of busy days creating the mouse at the lake card, I had thought that I would keep that day’s colouring for the Daily Marker challenge simple; that plan didn’t last long.