I couldn’t bring myself to waste the snowy scene left over from die-cutting the hills for the last card, so I used it to create a simple card for the Christmas stash.
I rarely use large detailed dies like this, but this one caught my eye. In theory, it should make it easy to create a few quick Christmas cards; which is why it took me two days to finish this one.
This started out as an experiment, one of those “see a technique, try it” self-contained experiments that have no purpose other than to have a go at something. Of course, me being me, I couldn’t leave a perfectly good bit of string art sitting unused for long.
I just felt like having a play with Distress oxide inks and trying out my new sentiment die, so I made a quick birthday card.
I picked up a set of the Tim Holtz mixed media dies out of curiosity more than anything else. Rather than giving you a positive shape to work with, these dies are designed to leave you with the negative, empty space on a panel, and I wondered what I could do with that.
My first small batch of Christmas cards. I’m not sure how many I’ll make this year — I must sit down and work out how many I really need — but I think it will have to be fewer than I made last year. Either that or I need to get them all finished well before December. The last minute rush to get everything done in time last year completely killed my mojo…