Gerda Steiner decided to host a Surf Challenge over on Instagram and created this cute surfing duck for it. I thought I’d keep my entry simple and just add him to a sea/sky background, but I changed it up a bit by breaking out my alcohol inks and some Yupo.
Another thing ticked off the “must-try techniques” list: creating a card using acetate for the base. I kept the design simple in the hope that it wouldn’t take too long to do, but I didn’t factor in all the fussy cutting that is needed to create not only the coloured elements, but also the plain white pieces that go behind them to hide the adhesive… So much fussy cutting…. But worth it as I do like the end result.
Another watercolour experiment. This time I had a play with stamping white circles over it — I hesitate to call it a bokeh effect as that has a very specific meaning in photography (and I know some photographers who doubtless wouldn’t be impressed with the term being appropriated like this), but that is what the technique is generally called.