When I know that the person I’m making a card for will really appreciate the effort that goes into making it, I do tend to push myself to try something different. And that’s what happened with this card.
The card base was cut to size and the front was die cut on a curve. A matching curved panel was created with the bottom corners rounded.
I mixed a touch of Distress ink with some texture paste, spread it through a brick stencil on the inside of the card and left it to dry.
The flowers were stamped, coloured with Copic markers and fussy cut out. The leaves were stamped on the curved panel and coloured; some Distress ink was blended around the edges to soften the harsh white of the panel.
Once the card base was dry, I mounted the curved panel on the front and popped the flowers up on some foam tape. The flower buds were coated with Wink of Stella and I tried out the pico embellisher shimmer for the first time on the centres of the flowers; not sure whether it was the dark Copic or the stamping ink that bled in one spot where the shimmer went over the line, but that got disguised with one of many sequins. The sentiment was created with a Dymo labeller.
Altenew – striped florals
Lawn Fawn – stitched hillside borders
My Favorite Things – small brick wall
Distress – ink pad – wilted violet
Distress – ink pad – shaded lilac
My Favorite Things – hybrid – black
- Copic markers:
purple flowers – V12, V15, V17, V09
pink flower buds – R81, R83, R85
leaves – YG01, YG03, YG17, YG67
background – B0000
Ranger – texture paste
Wink of Stella
Irresistible pico embellisher – shimmer
- paper and card:
Papermill Direct – plain – dark violet
Neenah – solar white – 216gsm
2 thoughts on “Birthday: Purple flowers and texture paste”
For some reason I’m getting your blog posts in my feed way after they’ve posted 😦 I love this – especially the stencilled embossing past bricks at the back. Adore the colours. Xx
My fault! I had a couple of finished posts in my drafts that I’d forgotten to publish, but they had scheduled dates on them so I didn’t accidentally post them before the recipients had got them… So I published them and, of course, they turned up when they were scheduled to 🙄