I was working out of order here. I’d put off starting this lesson because it felt like it was going to take a while to do. Rather than just a single page in an art journal, this one would spread over several pages.
Although it was part of the rivers theme, the instructions said to work vertically on the pages rather than horizontally along the whole strip. Because of that, it ended up with more of a geological feel than a flowing river, but that’s what felt right as I was working around the texture pastes and I am happy with the end result.
As I was working on the pages, I quickly decided not to insert it into my art journal. The journal was getting bulky enough with just the layers of paint in it and I was only just over half-way through it at this point.
So I made this into a mini concertina booklet instead, not something I’ve tried before. I cut covers out of thick card and covered them with some of the collage paper left over from working on the patterns theme. And I found some matching ribbon to tie it with.
Kasia had added hand-stitching to hers and I kept meaning to do the same to mine, but then I’d forget about it again. Looking at it again, I don’t think that it really needs it, but if I do change my mind I can always revisit it.