cards

Revisiting elephant footprints

CR00104plus square

This is probably the first time that I have revisited an old card and made substantial changes to it. I have occasionally added a sentiment to a blank card and there are a couple of cards in my “rework” pile that need something doing with them, but other than that, if I take a card from my stash, I normally use it as is.

I needed a card for a four-year-old girl and it’s been a bit of an odd week so I wasn’t feeling inspired to create something from scratch and, anyway, I’d left it a bit late. I had a look through my stash and found this card, which was cute enough but needed a bit extra.

I started by drawing a number 4, cutting a mask out of low-tack paper and using a brush to blend pink Distress Oxide across the top (the pink is a bit darker than it looks in the photos). Then I removed the mask and coloured the 4 with Copic markers; I’m not sure what the background card was but it definitely didn’t blend like Neenah, though I did manage to get a reasonable finish.

I had hoped to add some pink over the footprints at the bottom to balance the colour across the card but I quickly discovered that the pigment ink they had been stamped with almost four years ago still smudged! The ink didn’t lift off on my fingers but I covered it with some Distress micro glaze to be on the safe side.

It still needed something else. I die-cut some balloons from pink vellum and used linen thread to create the strings. The dab of glue needed to stick them to the card was hidden with pink sequins.

I added faux stitching around the number 4, along the edge of the sentiment banner and the curve of the card, and also around one of the stamped feet; I had to use a fine-tip Sharpie for some of it because the Copic multiliner wouldn’t write over the micro glaze.

And that’s where I stopped. Apart from anything else, I had to get it photographed before dashing out to get it in the post!

CR00104plus detail

These are just the supplies I used to change the card, the rest of the supplies are listed on the original blog post.

Supplies:

  • dies:
    WPlus9 – whole lotta happy
  • Copic markers:
    number 4 – RV32, RV34, R46
  • inks:
    Distress Oxide – spun sugar
  • pens:
    Copic multiliner – pink
  • embellishments:
    Doodlebug sequins – bubblegum
  • paper and card:
    We R Memory Keepers – vellum pad – DIY party
  • miscellaneous:
    masking paper
    linen thread

CR00104plus display

1 thought on “Revisiting elephant footprints”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.