The flowers and leaves were left over from an earlier colouring challenge when I stamped more than I ended up needing. I worked out where I wanted the flowers to go on the card and marked the rough centre of them. Then I used a set of french curves to draw the lines out from that central point and pierced along them. I liked the piercing, but wanted something more so I added some faux stitching between the pierced lines.
The leaves were glued in position and the flowers mounted on foam pads for a bit of dimension. The banner was drawn using the same french curve as the lines and trimmed to size; the sentiment was stamped and the two sprinkles added. The banner was glued flat underneath the flowers with the other end popped up on foam pads.
The last touch was to add a layer of Wink of Stella over the flowers.
Hero Arts – colour layering hibiscus
Lawn Fawn – Milo’s ABCs
My Favorite Things – pigment ink – black licorice
- Avery Elle pigment inks:
pink flower – orchid, magenta, cherry, vino
orange flower – daisy, mustard seed, conch shell, truffle
leaves – celery, jungle
Uni-ball – Signo UM-153 – silver
Doodlebug – sprinkles – halloween assortment
Wink of Stella
- paper and card:
Papermill Direct – pain – teal