These robins definitely took the longest to make. From somewhere, not sure where, I had got it into my mind that I wanted to try doing a proper lino cut. I’ve made simple stamps in the past, but haven’t tried using lino probably since I was in school.
The robin turned out nicely, but needed a bit of colour, which I added with coloured pencil once the printing ink had had a day or so to dry properly. I trimmed the panels down to size and added some sparkly stickers that I had coloured with a Copic marker.
redbreast – 118 scarlet red, 219 deep scarlet red,
feathers – 169 caput mortuum, 178 nougat, 275 warm grey 6, 181 Payne’s grey
branch – 167 permanent green olive
Cranfield Caligo safe wash relief ink – raw umber
Papermania – shimmer dome stickers
- paper and card:
Strathmore – 400 printmaking paper 280gsm
Hunkydory adorable scorable
Papermill Direct – plain – Christmas red
Pfeil lino cutter – 12/1, 11/3
2 thoughts on “Printed robins”