A change from the usual Copic markers and a bit of an experiment. I printed out the Chinese Lanterns digi stamp from Power Poppy and traced it onto vellum with a liquid chrome pen. Once that was dry I added patches of Distress oxide ink onto the back of the vellum behind the lanterns and leaves — no particular reason for choosing the oxide inks over the regular Distress inks other than proximity: the oxides live on a shelf above my craft desk. The berries were too small to colour without losing the loose feel so I used some sparkle instead, which makes them stand out without taking the focus away from the lanterns.
- digital stamps:
Power Poppy – Chinese lanterns
Molotow liquid chrome 1mm pen
Distress oxide pads – peeled paint, spiced marmalade
Imagination Crafts – detail sparkle – white shimmer
- paper and card:
Dovecraft premium vellum
This image was coloured in September 2017.
2 thoughts on “Just coloured: chinese lanterns”
Love the sparkle!