I bought a fuse tool a little while ago, but I hadn’t got around to trying it out. It seemed daft to get these things and leave them unused so I pushed myself to give it a go. And I’m really happy with the results.
In an effort to use up some of the test pieces I’ve made, I dug out this alcohol ink experiment to use as the background for the shaker tag. I used the same die as a template for the shaker, fusing around the outside edge of it so there would be room for the background panel and the shaker contents. Once the sequins and beads were inside I fused the last edge of the shaker pocket.
I flush-mounted a piece of patterned paper on the card base. Then I layered the shaker with a couple of tag shapes cut from card and vellum and a small tag with the sentiment stamped on it and tied them together with a piece of ribbon.
The rear tag shape was mounted on the card base with foam tape and then the other tags and the shaker were held in position with glue dots. I added an extra bit of multi-medium matte behind the small tag to make doubly sure that nothing could escape through the hole where the ribbon went through the shaker.
My Favorite Things – things with wings (sentiment)
Waltzingmouse Stamps – stitched tags
Versafine – onyx black
Ranger – Adirondack alcohol inks
Doodlebug – sequins – various
ribbon – purple
- paper and card:
Ranger – glossy card
Papermill Direct – plain – dark violet
Anita’s – white vellum
Hunkydory – paper pad – all occasions
We R Memory Keepers – fuse tool
Avery Elle – stamp storage pocket