Miracles do happen. I have just scheduled the last of my catch-up card blog posts.
Yes, it’s true! I have finally written up all the cards I’ve made, every single one that had been sitting on my desk just waiting to be put up on the blog. All the cards I made during the Daily Marker colouring challenges. All the cards I made during my brief blitz on my PHD (projects half done) box. And the others that I just didn’t get around to blogging. There are quite a few of them, but I’ve scheduled them to go up every three days so hopefully you won’t get too bored…
Luckily I always write down the supplies I use as I go along — I have a notebook specifically for that purpose — and if I don’t take pictures of a card as soon as it’s finished, then I’ll do it once I have a couple that need photographing. So it has “just” been a case of putting it all together with a few words and scheduling it on the blog.
I’m not kidding myself that I won’t get behind again, but it feels so good to have an empty drafts folder.
Well, there is the napkin-fold card, but I haven’t decided if that’s one hundred percent finished yet. I made it just to try the technique, but then my other half assumed it was for a particular friend of ours so I’m leaving it on one side to see if it needs anything else doing to it…
I love Power Poppy flowers. And apparently I love colouring them in pink; first the two Mother’s Day cards and now this. I zoomed in close on this one so I could add in plenty of detail on those small flowers. Geraniums come in lots of colour variations and, as the digi stamp is so realistic, I thought I should base the colour scheme on a real one too.
These baby dragons are just too adorable. They were created as homework for the critters lesson in a Copic course, but it wasn’t fair to leave them languishing in my PHD box for too long. So I created a blended Distress ink background for them (love that wilted violet) and sat them on a sentiment banner.
This experiment was inspired by seeing someone create a heart shape out of Nuvo drops. Of course, it being an experiment I had to make it a bit more complex than that and then figure out how to use it on a card.
After my first experiment with the double-cut alphabet dies I had enough pieces left over to make another thank you sentiment; all I had to do was come up with a card to put it on. Cue more experimenting, this time with the new Distress oxide ink pads.
A change of style and medium — no Copic markers! — for this simple flower border.
Sometimes you start a card knowing exactly what you’re going to create. Sometimes you start with a rough idea and it develops smoothly as you go along. And sometimes you get cards like this one.